The Ministry of Business & Innovation (MBIE) are asking for people to get in touch for a share of $28 million for Renewable Energy and Decarbonisation in Maori housing. Apricus can partner with you to serve your communities and improve their whare.
The fund has $2 million available immediately for projects that address fuel poverty and the health & well-being of whanau through renewable energy and decarbonisation technologies for:
• Residents of housing on Whenua Māori
• Papakāinga residents
• Tenants of Māori Community Housing Providers
• Māori households or partners working with the Crown through initiatives such as Te Puni Kōkiri Māori Housing investment and the MAIHI programme
• Households benefitting from housing or energy programmes predominantly led by, or for, Māori-affiliated or Māori-run organisations.
• Any other housing interests or initiatives that predominantly benefit iwi, hapū or whānau.
To apply a simple Expression of Interest needs to be submitted by 19th February. Get in touch with Marcus Baker at Apricus to see what technologies would best suit your project.
Here are some ideas of the advice and technologies that Apricus can provide, making any whare healthier, warmer and cheaper to live in:
• 100% renewable wood pellet central heating systems
• Solar systems
• Heat pumps for hot water
• Efficient hot water use and distribution systems
• Energy efficiency education and advice
The team at Apricus Eco Energy have been passionate about delivering these and similar outcomes for the last 10+ years. We are delighted to see mainstream acceptance and putea for this approach. We are keen and available to partner with organisations to help deliver healthier homes, lower running costs and warmer whare for everyone.
Get in touch with Marcus at Apricus to discuss how we can partner and what these solutions could do for your project or whanau.
Please share this email widely so there are maximum opportunities for other whanau to benefit from this information and putea.